Homeopathy or Homoeopathy is an important and popular holistic method of healing that recognizes the oneness of the body, mind and spirit. It relates to understanding the disturbances on all these planes, and using an agent which resonates with it with a similar frequencies. This agent is usually a potentised substance which is used in its natural form.
Homeopathy can be useful for any living being, be it animal, plant or human.The process of healing involves restoration of the natural harmonizing and healing processes. Hence the restoration of health is natural and long lasting.
Homoeopathy can help in any illness that does not have an obvious mechanical cause, like a congenital defect, or obstruction. Here it can help in maintaining the body’s natural defence mechanisms and in post operative stages as a fine wound healer.
Homeopathy manifests its action on the cellular level, balancing the blood biochemistry,the hormonal milieu, and the psycho-neuro-endocrine axis.
Thus one observes changes in behaviour, concentration, grasping power, and analytical skills.
Hence it can change lives.
Dr. Swapna Potdar – MD (Hom), D (Hom) UK
Graduated from the D.S. Homoeopathic Medical College Pune in 1997,
and from the ‘School Of Homeopathy’ Devon UK, with D. (Hom) UK, an Advanced Diploma in Classical Homeopathy in April 2009.
Section Editor of ‘The Homoeopathic Clinical Case Recorder’ or ‘H.C.C.R’, a quarterly Homoeopathic Journal of National and International repute.
Practicing Homeopath in Pune, near Pune University, Maharashtra, India since 20 years.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND ACHIEVEMENTS-
- SSC from St. Joseph’s High school Pashan Pune, featuring in the top 10 students of the school.Winner of Rose D. Morris Scholarship for ‘Most deserving All-rounder in Sports, studies and extra-curricular activities’ in the academic year 1986-87.
- HSC from Fergusson College Pune.
- B.H.M.S. (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery from Dhondumama Sathe Homoeopathic Medical College Pune) in 1996 ,with First Class, and having won the College scholarship for 1st rank andS.G. Palsule scholarship for Homoeopathic Organon & Philosophy.
- Completed 4 years Advanced Diploma in Classical Homoeopathy D(Hom) UK from ‘School Of Homeopathy’,Devon, United Kingdom. The work done, being selected for the School’s ‘Student Library’ displaying exemplary work.
- MD (Hom) from the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in 2011.
- Presented papers at Homoeopathic Symposiums on subjects such as-
1. Internet and Homoeopathy.
2. Homoeopathic miasm theory– in understanding susceptibility.
3. Presentation of cases of pet animals successfully treated with Homoeopathy.
4. Case of Chorioretinitis cured with Homoeopathy.
5. Cases of chronic renal failure palliated with Homoeopathy.
6. Case of Carotid artery Stenosis cured with a single dose of Homoeopathic medicine.
- Contributed case reports of Chronic renal Failure for British Homoeopathic website ‘www.miccant.co.uk’.
- Contributed, and regularly contributes articles and case reports of,
- Chronic renal failure, Alcoholism,
- ‘A study of Disease, Suppression ,
- Healing and Homoeopathy’, etc for ‘The Homoeopathic Clinical Case Recorder’ a quarterly Homoeopathic magazine.
- Cardiac cases for ‘Spandan’ a Marathi Homoeopathic magazine of the Maharashtra Homoeopathic Association ,Pune.
- A case of hysteria for ‘Jeevan Sangharsha’ a homoeopathic magazine.
- A case of Spinal Aspergillosis for Hpathy, an online open access journal, December 2016 issue.
*INVITED BY THE IMA GPACon, as Homoeopathic expert for the Annual Conference held in Dec 2008.
*Invited by the Rotary Club Pune North to speak on ‘Facts and Myths of Homoeopathy’.
*Invited by ‘Pune Homoeopathy Academy’ as Homeopathy Expert to speak on ‘Nephrology- Homoeopathic and Modern Approach’ at The Grand Sheraton ,Pune in Jan 2017.
*Invited as Speaker to H.O.P.E. (CME) sessions conducted at Homoeopathic Medical Colleges to speak on Practical application of Homoepathic Biochemic Medicines, in April 2017.
*The first and only Indian on the Supervisory Network of UK’s oldest and very well recognized Homeopathy Training Institute, called the ‘School Of Homeopathy’ UK.
- Practicing Homoeopathic physician since 1997.
- Homeopathy consultant for Renal Care at Sanjeevan Multispeciality Homeopathy Clinic (SMHC), Karve Rd. Pune .
- Homeopathy Consultant at ‘PRANA- The Homeopathy Yoga Centre ‘ Wakdewadi Pune.
- Clinical Supervisor with the ‘School of Homeopathy’ UK, for online training of fresh Graduates.
- Conducts regular CME sessions at Sanjeevan Multispeciality Homeopathy Clinic , Sanjeevan Hospital, Karve Road Premises.